CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2014 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT MISS REGAN HIGGINS-LANG
On April 30th, Matthew Giraud awarded Miss Regan Higgins-Lang with the 2014 Skipper Award Scholarship at the Mandeville High School (MHS) Senior Awards Event. Her love for animals was the inspiration to volunteer at the St. Francis Animal Sanctuary where she cared for neglected cats in her spare time. Miss Higgins-Lang will attend the Louisiana State University in the fall where she plans to pursue a degree in Biological Sciences with future plans to secure her PhD in Zoology.
LEVELS OF GIVING○Founders Circle ($1,000 +) ○ Blue ($500-$999) ○ White ($100-$499) ○ Skipper ($25-$99)
Every donation of $25 or more will be recognized with a letter from the NCF-Skipper Fund.
You may click link to the right or send a check made out to The Skipper Fund/NCF and mail to the Northshore Community Foundation, 610 Hollycrest Blvd., Covington, LA 70433 address.
The Skipper Fund Q/A:
What are the guidelines for the scholarship?
Each applicant must submit to the Scholarship Advisory Committee by March 1 the following:
•The completed application form.
• A copy of the family's most recent Federal income tax form 1040 with signature.
• A letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor or high school teacher signed by school principal and mailed directly to the advisory committee.
• An official academic transcript including standardized test scores (minimum GPA is 3.25)
• A.C.T. (minimum 22) and/or S.A.T. score (minimum total of 1016).
• Acceptance letter from accredited college or university
What is the timeline for selection? Scholarship winners will be notified after April 1st of each year
As this is new, how will you advertise the scholarship? The Foundation staff will notify the senior counselor at Mandeville High school of this scholarship opportunity along with the link to the website and application.
Who sits on the selection committee and how is the process governed?
The Skipper Fund Scholarship Selection Committee is composed of the following individuals:
• Katie Walthall Mehnert
• Matt Giraud
• Ben Westcott
In making its decision, the Scholarship Advisory Committee will use the following criteria:
• Resident of St. Tammany Parish
• Minimum GPA of 3.25 or higher
• Graduating Mandeville High School Senior
• Acceptance of the recipient by an accredited college or university
• Highly involved in clubs, athletics or student council
• Financial Need
Is my contribution tax-deductible? Yes, all contributions are tax-deductible.
This fund is administered by the Northshore Community Foundation. This page and those that follow reference the Baton Rouge Area Foundation, our credit card processor. Your credit card statement will reflect a charge from the Baton Rouge Area Foundation.